Tuesday Things.

1. Somehow this and this ended up in my online shopping cart. I searched high and low for it while on vacation last year but it was sold out everywhere. Not anymore, my friends. Not anymore.

2. Remember last week when we all talked about Dawson’s Creek? Tracy shared this website with me and made me the happiest camper ever. You’re welcome.

3. It’s National Peanut Butter Day! I have absolutely no idea how you should celebrate.

4. Tell me: is there anything better than grilled cheese sandwiches and pickles? Oh wait. Yes there is… grilled cheese sandwiches with ketchup. Better than that? Two grilled cheese sandwiches with ketchup

5. Seal? Heidi Klum? I will never learn. Just shoot me now.

6. My jaw quadruply dropped four times this week. Can you say asparagus cake, red velvet milkshakes, red wine lollipops and PIG CANDY. Pig freaking candy. I die.

6.5. Nevermind, I can’t die. It’s PIG CANDY! It’s given me something to live for.

7. My cookie butter is almost gone. Meaning… my life is almost gone. For real this time.

8. Ummm I don’t even want to tell you how many hours of Dexter I’ve watched in the last week. It’s maddening. And desperate. And PATHETIC. And hot.

9. You know you’re a food blogger when the giddiest you get all week is at 5:17PM because it’s still sort of light out. Life needed, please.

10. The only good part of #7 is that I bought this on Saturday. Life regained.

84 Responses to “Tuesday Things.”

Cat @Breakfast to Bed — January 24, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

CAN I GET AN AMEN ON NUMBER 9!!!?????

Rachel — January 24, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Oh. My. God. Just when I was starting to calm down about TJ’s sea salt and caramel bar, they come out with this. Great. When TJ’s comes to town in April, I’m going to need all new pants.

Katie Martino — January 24, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

hahah yesss.. i love them all, but number 9…
    also, is it true that trader joe’s is out of cookie butter right now???????

• Jessica — January 24th, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

I’ve heard both – that it is seasonal and that it is just out of stock due to popularity, but either way… my store hasn’t had any since I bought it the first time!

DessertForTwo — January 24, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

Thanks for teaching me about Followgram. I’ve been wondering how to link to Instagram for a while!

Adrienne — January 24, 2012 @ 5:23 pm

You will freak out when you are completely caught up with Dexter. The last episode of the new season was…OHMYGODICAN’TEVENSAY.
    Ahhh and season four is phenomenal too. You will love it!

• Jasmine — January 25th, 2012 @ 1:23 am

I completely agree, Adrienne! It is a LONG wait until Sept…..

Arbine — January 24, 2012 @ 5:25 pm

I’m going to have to figure out how to get myself some cookie butter (No Trader Joes here) and combine it with some pig candy.

And I think since my hubby just bought a new video game, I should be able to buy some stuff American Spoon.

Have a lovely day!

• Jessica — January 24th, 2012 @ 5:34 pm

Um. definitely you should!

Mel — January 24, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

I say something to the effect of 9 at least once a day!!!

Cait's Plate — January 24, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

I JUST learned it was National Peanut Butter day! Luckily I eat it by the bucket load every day anyway, but still – I would have liked to know from the very start of the day! It would have made enjoying it at every meal that much better ;)

Ash — January 24, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

aaaaand now I need to go to Trader Joes.

Maria — January 24, 2012 @ 5:26 pm

Words cannot convey how distraught I am about #5. so upset! SO UPSET!! ::cries into pillow::

Laura — January 24, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

We are FINALLY get a Trader Joe’s in Colorado, and I can’t wait to try some of these yummy looking things!!!

Laura — January 24, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

Getting a* :)

Michele — January 24, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

Adrienne is SO RIGHT OH MY GOOD LAWD JUST CATCH UP ALREADY.
    you are gonna be blown away by the next few seasons
    i can’t even say what emotions you’ll be without spoiling anything
    JUST
    HURRY UP.

p.s. i haven’t been to trader joe’s in like 2 months even though the dang store is literally 5 minutes away. post more TJ pictures to motivate me pleaaaaaaase

• Jessica — January 24th, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

I hate to say it, but I do know what happens in the last episode of season 6 because I couldn’t help myself and read all the spoilers ahead. However, I’m on season 5 so I still have a whole season to get there!

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — January 24, 2012 @ 5:30 pm

hahah I am every excited about the longer days, as well. It’s the little things in life :)

natalie (the sweets life) — January 24, 2012 @ 5:32 pm

YES i share your grilled cheese and ketchup love! in fact in yesterday’s post i talked about how i used to also put ketchup in my mac n cheese–i highly recommend! :)

Kelsey@ ReadySetFeast — January 24, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

I still cannot believe about seal and heidi…..heartbroken.

Nancy B. — January 24, 2012 @ 5:33 pm

I have had pig candy before, it is amazing (and so is Tuesday Things)!

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — January 24, 2012 @ 5:37 pm

Ah I ALMOST wish I had never seen your link to that caramel!

Emily — January 24, 2012 @ 5:39 pm

My fiance’s parents live in Petosky, MI, where American Spoon is made. They have a shop where you can try EVERYTHING and a little cafe in the summer. It’s perfect!

• Jessica — January 24th, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

My dad’s family is from Michigan and we spend time every summer there – I have lived in American Spoon for years! We like to say we go there to “eat lunch.” And I’m not talking about the cafe… hahah.

• Emily — January 24th, 2012 @ 5:44 pm

It’s beautiful there – stick with summers. I went over New Years. Cold, snowy, slippery :)

Lauren — January 24, 2012 @ 5:39 pm

I am SO upset about Heidi and Seal!! Worst breakup IMO since Jessica and Nick!!! They seemed to happy!!

Really, I am devestated over this.

Geny — January 24, 2012 @ 5:42 pm

Oh my gosh, so glad you peeked at the spoilers too…cause then I’m not the only one:)! We have to wait for it to come out on DVD in like a year cause we watch it on netflix, the wait is excruciating!!!!

Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife — January 24, 2012 @ 5:44 pm

Our Cookie Butter is gone! My mouth says boo-hoo and my thighs say thank you! But yay to number 10! Now I have something to attempt to avoid but will probably still buy at Trader Joe’s. :)

Rachel — January 24, 2012 @ 5:45 pm

Love your Tuesday Things!! For some reason, they never show up on your homepage with all your recipe posts. I can only find the Tuesday Things posts in the “recent posts” bar or in the archives. Any idea why??

• Jessica — January 24th, 2012 @ 5:46 pm

Tuesday Things are on my other lifestyle page of my blog – Crumbs. If you click, all the other posts that aren’t recipes are there!

• Rachel — January 24th, 2012 @ 6:36 pm

Thanks! I thought I was missing something!

tracy — January 24, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

Secret fact: Sometimes when I’m podcasting I leave that vander meme up and I just stare at it. I think there have been a few times there was an awkward pause cuz I got too distracted. Don’t tell Joy.

And now I’m off to eat some PB directly from the jar. Thanks, friend!

Hallie J. — January 24, 2012 @ 5:56 pm

Love American Spoon… also grew up in Northern Michigan (Walloon Lake) so it’s a staple! On another note, stunned by Seal & Heidi…

lauren — January 24, 2012 @ 5:57 pm

OMG, Pig candy? heaven help us!

Hillary — January 24, 2012 @ 6:10 pm

The James Van Der Memes site slays me. In a good way.

Makana — January 24, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

Grilled Cheese and Ketchup! LOVE!!!! i’m glad i’m not alone in this.

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga — January 24, 2012 @ 6:19 pm

The cookie butter shortage is a national travesty :)

And to boot, my TJs doesnt carry the choc one. I notice your TJs get “new” products faster than mine…or mine is about a week or two behind yours. Then again, I know it’s all regional and I may be able to get things you cant and vice versa. But oh I want that choc cookie butter.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 24, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

Sort of light out at 517? Definitely not in my world. It’s pitch black. Siiigh. Soon though. Soon I’ll see the glorious sun much longer. A girl can hope.

Andrea — January 24, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

I love grilled cheese with pickles! When I made it for my husband, he just kinda looked at me. My grandmother used to give us pickles all the time when we were little. That’s pretty much the only way I’ll eat a pickle! Not a big fan of ketchup though. Funny thing…the only way my dad eats chicken noodle soup is to pour ketchup in it. He hates soup.

Kelly — January 24, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

I am so upset about Seal and Heidi Klum….makes me depressed. I thought they were solid!!

Kaitlyn — January 24, 2012 @ 6:43 pm

I had to stop and tell you that I love your Tuesday Things feature — I look forward to it all week. You always show me the best stuff. ;p LIKE RED WINE LOLLIPOPS. *egad*

Nichole Livengood — January 24, 2012 @ 6:44 pm

you are a very bad woman. very bad. I’m now in love with American Spoon Foods (which I didn’t know existed), don’t feel so bad about putting ketchup on random things like grilled cheese (and baked potatoes), want to run out to TJ’s immediately and get me some of that cookie butter everyone raves about….and wonder if I should put Dawson’s Creek on my Netflix list (I missed it by a decade… more of a 90210 old school and O.C. gal… The girl in OC had a bunny that lived under her bed named Pancakes. Nice, eh?) Sigh. I wish there were a Wednesday things too. Sigh again. Toodles.

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — January 24, 2012 @ 6:57 pm

#2 <3 That website is amazing.

Lynn @ Order in the Kitchen — January 24, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

i am in awe over that pig candy…thank you for sharing that!!! love love! also i love dexter…mildly obsessed, and you shouldn’t feel anything but sexy and spectacular when you watch a million episodes because its amazing…ok that’s it…thanks! :)

Morgan — January 24, 2012 @ 7:06 pm

In response to #4: YES, grilled cheese with pickles and this tomato soup: http://spoonforkbacon.com/2011/10/creamy-roasted-tomato-basil-soup/

I could eat it everysingleday. and night.

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — January 24, 2012 @ 7:09 pm

I just spent way too much time with James V and his website. Time I will never get back! But, thank you!

jennifer — January 24, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

my new favorite thing with grilled cheese, guacamole. see twopeasandtheirpod.com
    yum

Emily @ Dashboard Diary — January 24, 2012 @ 7:34 pm

never heard of it being called pig candy before, but i lovvvve the name!
    last summer i made “mancakes” which was pretty much pancakes + beer + pig candy and it pretty much changed my life! We used dogfish head peach beer, which made them a batrillion times more um… healthy?

pics and recipe here:

honeywhatscooking — January 24, 2012 @ 7:45 pm

i’m always at Whole Foods, I need to get my ass to Trader Joe’s this week and hunt that Cookie Butter down. I wish I could buy the Caramel Sauce, but it has corn syrup – it scares me. Love TThings!
    :-)

Katie — January 24, 2012 @ 7:53 pm

Was that still jar #1 of cookie butter?! if so, you have much more willpower than I. But thank goodness for the chocolate speculoos bars, they will get me through until TJ’s is back in business with more cookie butter. and that asparagus cake? loved it. until I realized it was REAL ASPARAGUS! what the ? Do you just pick it off? or are eat it on cake? hmm.. curious.

• Rosie @ Sweetapolita — January 24th, 2012 @ 10:13 pm

Katie, you eat the asparagus–it’s made of fondant! I promise :)

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen — January 24, 2012 @ 8:05 pm

Seal and Heidi. Good gracious. I was so invested in that. THEY RUINED EVERYTHING! xo

Courtney @ Bake. Eat. Repeat. — January 24, 2012 @ 8:45 pm

Totally feel you on number 9. It’s a race against the clock, especially this time of year. I become like a drill sergeant (I had to respell that 8 times before getting it right) when 5 o clock hits. You! Grab the linens! You! Pour this soup into the bowl! You! Make it look pretty! You! Set up the tripod! And…GO!

Mimi — January 24, 2012 @ 9:39 pm

I must have known that today was National PB Day…I had this weird craving for PB at 10am this morning. Out came the iced-teaspoon and the snarfing commenced! Is the Speculoos cookie butter like the Biscoff? Can’t. Get. Enough. Have yet to do anything other than eat it with a spoon straight from the jar. Hmmm…there’s a pattern here…
    Must try the Pig Candy – thanks Jessica!

Becki's Whole Life — January 24, 2012 @ 9:43 pm

My Trader Joes doesn’t have any of the Speculoos cookie spread stuff – or that amazing sounding bar!! I guess I will need to talk to someone there…not that I need another thing to buy at TJ’s…but I would buy it if they had it.

rose — January 24, 2012 @ 9:54 pm

ok the vandermimes site is the funniest thing!!! he’s so hilarious.. and i feel gotten much better looking over the years.. was all about pacey before. anywayss.. amazing. thanks for sharing :)

Lori Lynn — January 24, 2012 @ 9:54 pm

I love Dawson’s Creek. They don’t play the reruns anymore, and I miss watching it. It was one of my favorite’s!

Rosie @ Sweetapolita — January 24, 2012 @ 10:15 pm

Dawson’s Creek? Dexter? Grilled Cheese & Pickles? Pig Candy? See, we were parted at birth, friend! :) And…thanks so much for sharing my cake, super sweet you!

rebecca — January 24, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

I have eaten my grilled cheeses with ketchup as long as I’ve had teeth.
    approximately 25 years.